Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 16, 2012

Is Your House Clean?

No matter how our house is well insulated and with shut windows, it doesn't mean we are free from pollutions and allergens indoors. Being more airtight also means that there are chemicals, smoke and vapors emitted while cooking, smoking or many other things. These can actually cause asthma and other respiratory problems. It can also cause headaches, flu-like symptoms and other neurological problems.

As much as possible avoid using strong, harsh air fresheners that can cause irritation of eyes, nose, etc. Instead, go fragrance-free by dipping cotton balls in a sweet smelling extract like vanilla and stash them around the house.

Don't let the bad stuff in. So, let the shoes or any footwears stay at the door area or front hall because they carry dirt, bacteria, mold and chemicals.
If you dry clean your clothes, be sure to bring them home few days after being done because freshly dry cleaned clothes can emit chemicals that have been linked to cancer and other neurological problems. Try going to a dry cleaner that uses "wet" or CO2 cleaning.

Always ventilate! Turn your stove or microwave's exhaust fan when cooking. It will help smoke and other chemicals released outside. Open your garage door when turning on your car to avoid carbon monoxide exposure that can go inside the house.

Vacuu at least 2x a week to get rid of excessive dust, lead, mold and pet dander. Don't dust or mop woth dry cloths but use damp cloth or wipes so as not to put the dust up in the air where you breathe.

Don't spray cleaners directly but spray it into a rag or paper towels so as not to inhale the fumes in the air.
Every little bit helps you and your love ones live in a safer, healthier house. Fewer chemicals, less dust and smoke.


Sent from my iPad

0 comments: